Friday, June 26, 2015

Five for Friday!

I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party!  It's a party where you post five random things from this past week on your blog.  Don't forget to check out Doodlebugs Teaching for more posts!






1. I have loved spending my first week of summer with my two precious babies and my puppy!  We are going to have a lot of fun this summer....just look at those faces!


2. Speaking of my girls, they went to the doctor yesterday for their 4 month appointment and they did FABULOUS!  I'm always a little nervous taking them because there's a little part of me that is worried they will find something wrong and send us to the ER like they did with their first appointment at 4 days old (they had hypothermia but everything turned out just fine!).  Both girls are right around 11 lbs and 23 inches long!

3. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning has been our activity of choice this week...and I only got the downstairs done!  As all teachers know, our house got SEVERELY neglected the last two weeks of school and it is time to get it back in shape.  I am finding that it takes a lot longer to clean since I have to do it when they're napping and with two, it's hard to get them both to nap at the same time!

4.  I have been working on getting my Teachers Pay Teachers store up and running!  Again, it's been a slow process but I am hoping that I will be able to post my first freebie later today or over the weekend.  I'm excited to start posting some things and hopefully people will like them!

5. I've also been working on getting my new blog up and running...slow but steady wins the race, right?

Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back as I'll be starting to put more things up here.  Happy Friday!

~The Terrapin Teacher

12 comments:

  1. TWINS! I'm a twin, and I'm sort of obsessed. Your girls. are. precious. I have a twin sister and we have such a strong bond. I'm actually sitting at her kitchen table right now working on some TPT and listening out for her little one to wake up from his morning nap! Good luck on getting your store and blog up and running!
    Stephanie
    Applelight Moments By Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I am so excited to see them grow up together and see their bond grow. At four months, they already love holding hands! I blog about them more on our family blog, benandlyndsey.blogspot.com Thanks for checking me out and hopefully I will have this place up and running soon (in between naps and bottles of course!) Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Your girls are precious! Good luck with TPT and your blog. It has been a fun journey for us! :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal! I enjoy doing our family blog and thought I'd give the teaching one a try!

      Delete
  4. Your little girls are absolutely precious!!!!
    www.thepolkadottedchirp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie! Love your name...it's the name of one of my girls :)

      Delete
  5. I clicked on your blog because of those baby faces! How precious they are! Congrats to you that you are making it and loving having twins! I cried when my doctor thought I might be having two- it was only one big one!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! I do love those two little faces so much! Our story is that we didn't find out we were having twins until our 20 week gender scan! We went in to find out the gender of one baby and came out with the gender of two babies! It was quite a shock for us!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh those babies are so adorable!!! I know you're super excited to spend the sumer with those sweet faces!
    I'm SO EXCITED to find another Maryland blogger!!!! You're only the second one I've found!! I LOVE your website and am your newest follower! Hopefully some day we'll have enough Maryland bloggers to hold a meet up, they always look like so much fun! I'm so glad that I found your blog through this link up! I'll be checking out your TPT store too!! Welcome to the blogging community, I can't wait to learn more about you! Have a wonderful week!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! You're right, I am SUPER excited to spend the summer with my girls...I am sure it will go by all to quickly! That's awesome that you are another MD blogger! I was poking around your blog and saw you're on the Eastern Shore!! I'm from there! Where exactly are you if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to email me at lyndsey.alvarez@yahoo.com if you don't want to post it on here. And yes, I do need to add myself to Bloglovin'...It's on my to do list! The girls are asleep so maybe I can get to it tonight...before I fall asleep, haha!

      Delete
  7. P.S. - You'll have to add your blog to Bloglovin' so I can follow you! :-) It's pretty simple, if you need any help with it, or with anything, please let me know! I'd be happy to help!!! :-)

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete