Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Measurement Fun!

I don't know about your class but my students always love learning about measurement and time.  They think they are sooooo grown up when they can read a clock! (even when it's only on the hour and half hour, haha!)  They also always love measuring and making their own graphs.  I always teach them how to measure with paperclips and unifix cubes and they just love it.  In my curriculum, measurement is taught in quarter 4, which means we only have a few weeks to do it and I try to cram as much in as possible.  I wish we had it in quarter 2 or quarter 3 so we would have more time! (<--- see what I did there?!)

Anyways, one of our favorite things to do with measurement is go on measuring scavenger hunts, both inside and outside.  I am working on a TpT product that will include activity sheets for different types of scavenger hunts, body measurement, and some graphs to go along with it.  I'm hoping tonight or tomorrow I will get it posted.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment