Monday, July 20, 2015

All About Me! book for Back To School

As I sit here looking at the date, I keep thinking, "Ugh, I'm going to be back to school in less than one month!"  and yet, I'm already thinking of what I need to get for my classroom, or things to print off, or products I want to upload to my TpT store.  Why is it that teachers can never turn their brains off, even in the summer?

I have been a little slower making and uploading products the past week or so.  My husband's grandmother passed away last week so we have been working through that and preparing to travel (she lived in Texas).  I also keep getting distracted by two cuties who happen to live with me ;)  Trying to soak up every second of summer with them!

I've also been working on a book for back to school time that has taken me awhile and I FINALLY finished it!  I have used similar books in the past but none ever had exactly what I wanted so I made my own.  This is a 15 page book that comes with a cover and a table of contents.  It's a great way to get students started off with non-fiction writing at the beginning of the school year and what better to have them write about than themselves?  I like to have my students complete a page each morning for their morning work while I take attendance, look through backpacks, make sure lunch boxes are where they need to be, etc.  It is perfect for occupying students while I deal with the beginning of the year chaos...you know what I mean?  (And all the teachers said AMEN!)

Since primary grades have varying degrees of writers, I created a few different versions of the All About Me! book.  My product includes a book with blank lines, a book with handwriting lines, a book with blank lines and sentence starters, and a book with handwriting lines and sentence starters.  So there's a book for everyone!  Click here to take a look!


Happy Monday everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment