Friday, July 31, 2015

Five for Friday: July 31st Edition



Hi friends!  It's Friday and you know what that means...linky party with Doodle Bugs Teaching!  Here are my top five from this week...

1. I just got home from two back to back vacations!  Vacation #1 was in Tampa...long story short I was supposed to go to Texas with my inlaws to introduce my husband's family to our girls but before we left Ben's grandmother passed away.  So instead of Texas we all went to Tampa for her funeral and as sad as it was, it was also wonderful family time.  The day after I got back from Tampa I headed to the beach with the babies to hang out with my parents for a few days!  You can read about my vacations here on my family blog.  



2. My hair seems to finally be growing!  My hair was getting pretty long and my girls had started grabbing at things (mainly my hair) so at the end of June I got it cut.  I told the girl shoulder length, kind of like a long bob...she must've not heard the shoulder part because it was chin length.  I can finally pull it back into a pony tail meaning it's growing out!

3.  I have two weeks of summer vacation left but school is already starting to take over my brain.  I am already thinking about how I want to set up my room next year, what I need to make/buy, needing to go to Ikea, making my pins on my Pinterest boards become a reality, getting some more items up on my TpT store.  My brain is going full blast!  I am sure my fellow teachers know what I mean!  I am hoping to remember to buy a notebook at Target today so I can start writing all of this stuff down and hopefully free up some brain space.

4.  Teacher T-Shirts...have you seen these before?! A few teachers last year had some of her shirts and I really wanted a first grade one and I finally ordered one yesterday!  And I ended up getting not one but two!  Check them out...she has a ton of super cute shirts!
The black one says "I <3 My First Graders" and the blue one says "Kindergarten is SO last year...First Grade Rocks!"

5.  I'm excited to take part in the TpT Back to School sale that's happening August 3rd-4th!  This will be my first sale so if you've wishlisted anything, make sure to grab it then!  Everything is 20% off in my store.  I am working really hard on getting my newest product up by then!  I'm working on some writing journal prompts for whole class writing.  These prompts can be glued onto a notebook or be made into a notebook with paper.  I set out two a month for students to write in and when the month is over, I put the notebooks in our classroom library for the students to read the rest of the year.  They love them!  This year I'm cutesifying them in hopes that someone else would like them (and pay a few bucks for them haha!)

Cover under construction for my newest product.

Peek at some of my writing prompts!


That's it!  My Five for Friday!  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out my store during the TpT Back to School Sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment