Thursday, July 2, 2015

Have you seen the Desk Fairy??

No?  Haven't even heard of her??  Wow, I can't believe it!

That's what I say to my first graders when I pull out the Desk Fairy cards for the first time.  In our school, kindergarten doesn't have desks so their first experience with desks is in first grade.  And after a few weeks, their desks are a MESS!  So I bring out the Desk Fairy!  I tell the students that the Desk Fairy is like the Tooth Fairy...she comes in at night when they are home asleep and checks each and every desk.  If the desk is neat and clean, she leaves them a card to let them know she was there!  And it's not just any card, the card is good for a special prize!  My school does a ticket system so the Desk Fairy card is worth three tickets...that's SO MANY TICKETS in their little eyes!  So when they come in and find the card, they turn it in to me for tickets and I hide the cards when they aren't looking!

So I wanted to share my little fun with you all and hopefully you will enjoy the magic of the Desk Fairy with your students too!  It is so much fun to hear them come in in the morning and exclaim to their friends that the Desk Fairy picked their desk.  Click on the link below to check out my Desk Fairy cards for free!


With that I am heading to the beach for some time with family.  I haven't decided yet if I will bring my laptop or not so you may not hear from me for a few days if I leave it behind.  See you next week!

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment